The Friends of Fundy
The Friends of Fundy / Fundy Guild Board of Directors is seeking new board members to continue to oversee and guide the organization in fulfilling its mandate and celebrating this beautiful and unique region.
Expectations of Friends of Fundy Directors:
- Bring your knowledge, expertise and passion to the table.
- Act as a liaison to your circle of influence supporting the Friends staff in achieving the goals of the organization and progressing the strategic plan.
- Take the time to experience, appreciate and continue to learn about the many dimensions of the area and the UNESCO designated Fundy Biosphere Reserve.
- Uphold the Friends of Fundy / Fundy Guild commitment to good governance.
- Minimum of 6 (3hr) meetings per year + occasional working group committees, for a 3-year term. (zoom and in person meetings)
The Fundy Guild Inc., referred to as the ‘Friends of Fundy’, was incorporated in 1982 as a non-profit charitable organization that exists to enhance public awareness and appreciation of the cultural and natural heritage of Fundy National Park and increase engagement in the surrounding (Upper Bay of Fundy) area.
The founding members of our organization were recognized and celebrated for their ecological expertise, their pride of place, their support of Fundy National Park and their deep belief in the importance of leadership and collaboration for vibrant prosperous sustainable communities.
As the official ‘Friends’ of Fundy National Park, we support meaningful visitor experiences that contribute to the region’s conservation and sustainable development goals and we work closely with our partners on a variety of events and initiatives. We operate three gift shop locations within the Park and Village of Alma, Outpost East, Outpost West and Outpost Alma. The shops host one of New Brunswick’s largest selections of nature books as well as locally crafted jewelry, art, natural products and a fine assortment of games, puzzles, souvenirs and official Fundy National Park merchandise.
Beginning in 2018, the Friends of Fundy have placed special emphasis on regional collaboration to achieve community goals & aspirations throughout the rural Upper Bay of Fundy region. These aspirations reflect the culture and heritage of our area and its relationship with the landscape – the bedrock of building a thriving local rural economy.
Specifically, we work towards a future where:
1. Residents and visitors to Fundy National Park and our region are aware of, supportive and engaged in the ecological restoration, conservation, and regeneration of our area within the UNESCO designated Fundy Biosphere so that a more sustainable ecosystem, for the benefit of the flora, fauna and people is achieved.
2. The human culture that has existed in this area for thousands of years is understood, prominent, and celebrated for its historical significance including the role of first nations people in our local context since the beginning of time to today.
3. The Fundy region is a year-round destination of choice and is recognized on the world stage for its commitment to restorative practices and stewardship of place.
Membership is open to everyone and all proceeds from our gift shops are reinvested to achieve Park and community goals.
BECOME A FRIEND OF FUNDY TODAY!
Our annual membership includes the following:
• 10% discount on all purchases at all Gift Shops.
• Invitation to the annual Friends of Fundy hike and BBQ.
• A locally designed cotton tote bag featuring the Friends of Fundy partnerships as well as other merchandise that reflects this wonderful region and efforts to celebrate, protect and build it.
Individual Membership $25
Family Membership $40
Corporate Membership $125
You can purchase your memberships online or at our Outpost East location in Fundy National Park.